Sinolytics is a European research-based consultancy entirely focused on China
Sinolytics is a European research-based consultancy entirely focused on China with offices in Berlin, Zurich and Beijing. We uniquely blend in-depth research with a management consulting approach to problem solving. We operate at the nexus of policy and business to analyze the impact of China’s economic policy, industrial policy, technology policy, public policy and trade policy as well as intensifying areas of regulatory compliance such as cybersecurity/data protection, environment or the corporate social credit system on foreign business. Sinolytics also puts a special focus on the opportunities and challenges arising from China’s rapid technological and digital transformation. In these fields, we consult MNCs, SMEs, investors and public sector agencies providing in-depth research and expert analysis to enable well-informed China strategy development and decision-making.
Cybersecurity has become of vital concern for Chinese regulators and a challenge for companies operating in China. Starting with the Cybersecurity Law of 2017, many companies in China are obliged to comply with a rapidly changing and complex cybersecurity regulation framework. Many new regulations and standards are taking effect in 2020 and 2021: from cross-border data transfer and data localization to the Multi-layered Protection Scheme (MLPS) 2.0 and Critical Information Infrastructure Operators (CIIO).
Sinolytics provides core expertise on this topic and advises on corporate Cybersecurity strategy and compliance in China. Read our Cybersecurity Primer to understand the regulatory challenges of the system and get to know how to navigate and prepare in an effective way.
Download: Cybersecurity Primer
We help Multi-national corporations and SMEs to:
- Systematically assess what the Cybersecurity framework requires from your company
- Evaluate where your company stands regarding the requirements and identify gaps
- Design strategy and processes to deal with the cybersecurity regulations
- Continuously monitor the ongoing development of the Cybersecurity framework
China pursues an ambitious plan to create and operate global logistics networks. Under the umbrella of the all-encompassing Belt and Road Initiative, China’s government is forcefully advancing a set of policy objectives: build national champions in the logistics sector able to compete on the global stage, support China’s e-Commerce giants in building logistics hubs and connectivity, and invest heavily in a high-tech upgrading of its logistics sector. All of it flanked by comprehensive commercial diplomacy. State companies such as COSCO and China Merchants are heavily invested in European ports including Piraeus. They increasingly focus also on local intermodal solutions. E-commerce giant Alibaba extends its warehouse network all over the continent. Rail connections between Asia and Europe have more and more throughput.
China’s international logistics ambitions already have great impact on European logistics companies, from European port and railway operators to freight forwarders and postal services. Sinolytics supports these companies in seeking partnerships where sensible and bracing for competition where necessary.
Download: Logistics Primer
To that end, Sinolytics provides
- In-depth and contextualized analysis of Chinese government policies
- Research on Chinese logistics companies’ strategies, business models, ownership structures/key personnel, investments and flagship projects
- Co-development of business strategies to manage China-related factors affecting their business
- Assessment of Chinese companies for project-specific cooperation and development of tailored negotiation strategies
- Strategic due diligence, political assessments and target analysis for investment and M&A projects
In-depth China analysis
Sinolytics analysis is based on:
- Continuous monitoring and analysis of a large spectrum of Chinese-language sources
- Long-term experience in interpreting government plans, policy and regulatory documents, deciphering intentions and strategies
- Expert skills in gathering and analyzing Chinese data on policy, market and technology developments, detecting new trends across industry sectors
- Strong research, experts and senior advisor network in China and in Europe
- Comprehensive contextual knowledge on China’s political system and policy-making, economic development and technological advances
Services tailored to your needs
Based on our analysis, expertise and experience, Sinolytics offers a full range of services:
- Tailored in-depth research to discover facts and information concretely impacting our clients’ business operations in China
- Comprehensive analysis and expert assessments of status quo and future developments to provide a solid foundation for executive decision-making
- Systematic advice on strategic options and related trade-offs as a prerequisite for effective short- and long-term strategy development
- Hands-on support to strategy implementation through enabling and coaching of staff, advice on organizational and process change, strategic and tactical counseling for negotiations, delegation support
Advice for companies across industries
Since founding, we have had the privilege to work with more than 40 companies, many of them among the largest and most respected corporations in Germany, Europe and the United States.
In terms of revenue, our clients span a wide range from half a billion to EUR 230 billion. The majority of companies we are working with is listed in the DAX30, others rank among the largest US companies or are hidden champions of the “Mittelstand”.
Operating at the nexus of business and policy, we are advising companies from almost all business and industry sectors, and in all related functional areas. Sinolytics has a particularly strong track record in automotive and automotive suppliers, mechanical engineering, chemicals and pharmaceuticals.